In this article, we’ll describe how to block private numbers on android and restrict spammy unknown calls. Such numbers are coldly used by bots or call centres to make you buy something, even if you don’t want to. But, we can automate the blocking and restrict such calls immediately to not get disturbed.
Table of Contents
How to block private numbers on android (Steps)
In this post, we have described the top 2 methods for restricting calls from unknown and spammy numbers. You can try the other if one didn’t work for you, but it should work.
Also read: How To Delete Emojis Android. Alright, let’s get started.
1. Enable Blocklist
- Navigate to Settings/Apps/System app settings/Call Settings .
- Go to ‘Identify Unknown Numbers’.
- Enable ‘Caller ID’ button.
- Go back one step and Tap ‘Blocklist’.
- Select ‘Call Blocklist’.
- Activate the options for ‘Block calls from hidden numbers’.
Additionally, you can also block calls from strangers using the exact same steps as mentioned above.
2. Use Truecaller
True caller helps to identify calls and SMS sender owner that are stored in their databases. It makes use of the internet to scan the numbers and contacts. You can easily find the name of the person calling you using truecaller app, both free and paid version.
Note: A premium Truecaller subscription might be required for this.
- Install and open the Truecaller app.
- Open settings by tapping on the three dots present on the upper right corner.
- Click on the ‘Block’ option.
- Enable ‘Block Top Spammers’ and ‘Block hidden numbers’.
- Moreover, you can also block numbers from foreign countries and not in the phonebook.
Recommended: Steps to Turn Off Chromecast on Android